Celebrating Eid with typical dishes: rice cake diamond, and chicken opor, hmmmm, what a joy.
Every Eid al-Fitr (or Lebaran), all Muslims celebrate with joy. Dressed the best, and serves good food, different than usual. One typical Lebaran dish, is rice-cake diamond (we called it Ketupat), which is served with chicken opor.
Rice-cake diamond itself is a food made from rice that is inserted into the shell of diamond-shaped leaf. How to make rice cake diamond, a delicious and savory, are:
– Wash the rice (good quality) water mixed with whiting. Then rinse thoroughly. Sprinkle with salt to taste. The purpose of rice washed with whiting, in order to be a solid diamond rice cake and soft.
– Fill the diamond shell with rice, 3/4 volume only.
– Boil the rice cake diamond in the pan / steamer for 6 hours, with a small flame, and the water is always in a state of boiling point.
– Once cooked, remove the diamond from the boiler / pan, and flush with clean water (straight from the tap), to clean up the remnants of the cooking water. Because, the remains of boiled water will make a quick rice-cake diamond stale.
– Hanging the race-cakes diamond, and wind-aired.
Well. Rice-cake diamond is almost always presented with: chicken opor. How to make chicken opor, as follows …
Ingredients for the chicken opor recipes:
* 1 / 2 kg chicken
* 1 coconut
* 10 pieces of red onion
* 3 cloves garlic
* 5 grains hazelnut
* 1 / 2 tablespoons coriander
* 1 / 4 tablespoon cumin
* 1 / 4 tablespoon pepper
* 1 cm laos
* 2 bay leaves
* 1 stalk lemongrass
* 1 / 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* Salt to taste.
How to make chicken opor:
1. Clean the chicken, then cut into pieces and set aside.
2. Grate coconut, squeeze to produce a thick coconut milk and liquid milk, set aside.
3. Blend all the spices, except: lemon grass, bay leaves and laos.
4. Enter the liquid coconut milk in a saucepan, add spices, stir until boiling.
5. Enter the chicken, pour the thick coconut milk.
6. Cook until chicken cooked.
7. Serve (while hot) with rice-cakes diamond.
In some families, not just chicken opor are served with a rice-cake diamond, but also : sambal goreng ati (cooked-fried-chili with cow’s liver, mixed with sliced-dice-fried potato), sliced pickled cucumber, and emping (the chip is made from melinjo (Gnetum gnemon gnemon) nuts). So, let’s enjoy the Lebaran delicacy.